Over the years, many minds have accumulated the wisdom gathered on this page. Some are serious and some are lighthearted. We hope you enjoy it all.
TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR TRAVELERS
- Thou shalt not expect to find things as thou has left them at home, for thou has left thy home to find things different.
- Thou shalt not take anything too seriously, for a carefree mind is the beginning of a vacation.
- Thou shalt not let other travelers get on thy nerves, for thou art paying good money to have a good time.
- Remember thy passport or ID and knowest where they areat all times, for a man without a passport or ID is a man without a country.
- Blessed is the person who can keep control of their own money, for lo that person shall not be cheated.
- Blessed is the person who can say “thank you” in any language, for it shall mean more than any tip.
- Thou shalt not worry. The person that worrieth hath no pleasure – and few things are ever fatal.
- Thou shalt when in Rome do somewhat as the Romans do; if in difficulty, thou shalt use thy common sense and friendliness.
- Thou shalt not judge the people of a country by one person with whom thou has had trouble.
- Remember thou art a guest in every land. Yea, the person that treateth a host with respect shall be treated as an honored guest